The U City Farmers Market remains open and committed to offering essential services. Our open-air market provides residents with essential food options that support daily living. We also offer vital economic opportunities for local farms and food providers.
Now more than ever people need continued access to reliable sources of local food. As such they have been designated by the MO Department of Agriculture, MO Department Health and Senior Services, and the St Louis County Department of Public Health as essential businesses. The US Department of Homeland Security also lists farmers markets as exempt, essential industries, which include food and agriculture.
As our understanding of the coronavirus (COVID-19) increases, the Midwest Association of Farmers Market (MAFM) and the U City Farmers Market are taking extra precautions and implementing additional safety protocols to prevent the spread of the virus.
We will continue to monitor local, state, and federal information through the STL County DOH and CDC on a daily basis. We are following recommended guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to our St Louis community of market-goers, farmers vendors, and staff. Please scroll down for our Essential Market Safety Protocols.
Currently We’re Open Every Saturday
April 9 -Nov 19 I 8:30am-12:30pm
Please Check Back for Updates
At the “Historic Market in the Loop”
6655 Delmar Blvd, Rear Lot,
University City, MO 63130
OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- The market will only offer essential services (like a grocery store). All community/social events will be suspended.
- Only “whole uncut produce and packaged goods” can be sold; booths that prepare food on site cannot operate.
- Sampling of un-packaged food is not permitted.
- We will work to ensure that “people entering the market are staggered in order to offer social distancing of customers,”
- We will allow space between vendor booths stands.
- We will provide hand-washing stations with signs and offer alcohol based hand-sanitizer for those who handle goods.
- We will regularly disinfect our tables and equipment.
- We will ensure that all vendors and staff receive safety protocol instructions.
HAND WASHING IS IMPORTANT
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Place pre-orders with vendors for easy pick-up. (See list on Pre-Order Page)
- Pay in advance for pre-orders, if this option is offered by a vendor.
- Limit cash transactions by paying with exact amounts.
- Practice “social distancing” and do not crowd around booths while waiting in line.
- Shop or pick up orders quickly. Do not socialize in groups or eat at the market.
- Use hand-washing facilities and hand-sanitizers regularly.
- Wear face masks at all times while visiting the market.
- Please stay home and take care of yourself, if feeling unwell; ask someone to shop for you.
ENJOY THE FARMERS MARKET